I am sure you are here to only see the design, but I will encourage you to please read the article from start to end.
I am sure you’ll learn a lot of new stuff.
So, lets start from the start.
A client reach out to us and he was working on a Print on demand store. He wasn’t receiving any good number of sales. Well, he hired us for the designs and ads work.
We created 5 designs for him and 1 of the design was a winner.
I know you are excited to see the design, but don’t worry we’ll take you step by step.
So, lets discuss how did we research for the designs.
The Design Research Part
We use Google Trends for the research work, those of you who don’t know about Google Trends, then trust me this article is not for you.
I like to work in Ready to buy audience niche. You must be wondering, What’s that?
Well, ready to buy niches are something where audience are very emotionally attached. Like Baby niche.
Baby niche is a great niche to work on as parents are emotionally attached with their kids and I believe emotions sale better, so I set my audience to all the parents.
We use google trends to see what stuff is trending on our niche and notice a lot of topics and news, but there was a trend I noticed raising.
Yes “Baby Shark” was raising.
The worldwide trend for “Baby Shark” was raising crazily, so I decided to work on this niche.
But, there were many people who were already selling Baby Shark products worldwide, so I decided to keep my audience as low as possible and as targeted as possible, so I can have some good profit.
A lot of people go for a broad audience, but if you are just getting started, I would suggest you to go for laser targeting.
So, now lets see how I narrowed my location.
So, I checked for the trend of “Baby Shark” in each country.
There were many countries trending for this keyword, but I choose to go for “United States” as very less people were selling something related to “Baby Shark” over there and the trend was raising.
So, I decided to go for “United States”.
But, don’t worry, I didn’t targeted the whole country. I even narrow down my audience.
I decided to target my audience subregion wise, but still there was a huge audience in that niche.
I was planning to market my product to the lowest population city with most demand for my product.
I am sure you would be wondering, “How’s that even possible?”
Don’t worry, with Google Trends everything is possible.
I choose USA as the country where the Trend was raising, than I go for Nebraska which is the sub-region where the trend was the highest in United states, then I even narrowed down the audience to Cities.
Look what I found.
I got the jackpot.
We found 2 cities where the trend was raising crazily, so we decided to first advertise our product in these markets first and than we’ll start scaling it.
So, now we have our area for targeting, it was the time to research what design would sale.
The Designing Part
I was aware that, we have founded a niche where very less people were working and very few people were selling any products on.
So, I decided to keep the design simple and as straight as possible.
I also planned to keep the design emotionally attached with anyone.
I listen to the actual poem two three time and there was a term repeating “Baby Shark Do Do Do” many times and at one point it was also “Aunty Shark Do Do Do”.
So, I decided to design something on “Aunty Shark Do Do Do” line as everyone on the niche working on would have used “Baby Shark”, so keeping everything in mind, we came up finally with a design.
So, here is the final design that we came up with. It’s simple, To the point and has emotions.
We didn’t use the same exact mockup, but for our client’s privacy reasons we choose to show the design on this mockup.
So, now lets discuss about the targeting.
The Targeting Part
So, now we have the design, we know where to target.
We decided to target all the parents of 1 year to 12 year kids.
We didn’t choose any interest as the poem was trending at that time and almost all the parents were aware of it.
So, we decided to run our campaign for 1 week and decided to optimize our ad for Content view later with the generated data.
Here are the results after 1 week.
The design was so successful that it started generating organic engagement as well. A lot of people were sharing it.
We spent around $300 on advertisement and made around $5975 in total.
Our profit was around $3300 as we find a descent supplier for the shirts.
Contact us, if you have any questions regarding Print on demand or eCommerce. We will make sure to respond as soon as possible.